Sunday 8 January 2012

Sunday

 Our family came on Thursday evening from Rome as Friday was another Saints holiday, the arrival of the 3 kings from Egypt, Epiphany, (i think that's how you spell it) bearing gifts for baby Jesus. The custom here in Italy is to give children a gift on that day too, it is believed that an old lady Befana brings it, but over the centuries, Befana has taken to look like a witch, and there are toys and ornaments of witches everywhere, I don't really know where she originated from, but it seems pretty paganistic to me and so near to Christmas too. I could understand if it was an Egyptian king but !!!!!!!!! the kids love it.
On Friday evening we had a big family meal together which was really nice, and now I must try to start eating sensibly.


Today too, has been a lovely day, the sun has been so warm, it was almost 60degrees on our terrace, John was in outside in his tee-shirt rebuilding the goat-shed roof, my daughter did all the cooking today which was so nice, I didnt have to even think of anything, I went into my studio with the children and made some felt, ate lunch, fed the goats and then had a little snooze, and then watched a glorious sunset. Now I will be relaxing some more and sit and watch television for the whole evening. Not a bad weekend at all !!!!!!!
  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds as though you had a really good weekend...and those sunsets...aren't they fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete