Sunday 6 May 2012

Catching up

Today is a horrid grey wet day, and at last, I'm able to move around in my studio, my loom is now set up and I decided to spend the morning making a warp for the next weaving project, I have quite a lot of  natural, very chunky hand-spun which I plan to make a rug with. So watch this space.
This post is a little fragmented as I haven't quite caught up with myself yet, so I am just going to write as it comes.




 I did a little bit of felt making on Friday and made a little vessel and then embellished it with my machine.
 I do wish I was a bit more creative with the machine though, I don't seem to have many inspiring ideas, my mind seems to go blank when I try to think of what to do with it.  I really don't think I make the most of it, I'm going to go on line to see if there's anything that sets my mind going.

I've also been trying to teach myself to crochet too,  but I really need to concentrate as I've never done any before, but I shall pursue it as really enjoyed what I did.


Yesterday was a lovely warm day, we were invited to a birthday party in the olive groves of Canino. It was a good party with a lots of dogs,  it seemed that everyone brought their dog, there must have been at least 12, they had a great time chasing around the trees.In fact my two girls have slept most of today, they were so tired.









There are so many poppies around this year, everywhere you look, there are poppies and marigolds, blazing with colour, also the olive trees have so many flowers on, so hopefully, the harvesting of the olives and pressing  will be good again this year. I do hope its because the farmers are not using so much weed killer on the crops, as they have in the past, it makes such a difference to the countryside and insects.

No comments:

Post a Comment